Thursday, December 16, 2010

Day 9: Got a newspaper?

Or even an online news site will do. Which page do you automatically first flip to? The current events? The comics page? Lifestyle? Entertainment news? Technology? Health? Sports? Chances are, the page you are most interested in checking out first will tell you what your career should be. Honestly, I hardly look at the technology page, so it's a wonder why I am in an industry whose core business is technology.

Back when I still read printed newspapers, the first section I check out is the comics page. For me, comics do not primarily aim to tell stories nor to be funny. Rather, comic strips aim to give a humorous perspective to life's irritating and frustrating situations by exaggerating common real-life encounters, and making the readers see that most things in life are as laughable as they are distressing. Besides the comics page, I also like to read the lifestyle page and articles about the real life stories of different people from all walks of life. I don't know what to make of that yet.

989 days left. This is the second post where comics was brought up. Hmm... Progress = 1% (Please don't ask me to justify the % increase.)

1 comment:

shirley said...

Pag Singapore newspaper, hanap lang kung ano ok na sale. Pag Phil newspaper, entertainment news.