Sunday, December 19, 2010

Day 12: Money talks

...but all mine ever says is 'Goodbye!'  -- Anonymous

At the risk of sounding mercenary or materialistic, allow me to honestly tell you how important money is to me.  I  don't know what is hardship.  I don't know how it is to be poor.  My parents are very hardworking and responsible, so our family was never in lack of material necessities.  I cannot imagine my life without money, or more specifically, without the comfort and security that money can buy.  If I suddenly become homeless and penniless, I wouldn't have a clue what to do, and I doubt if I can cope with the hardship.  I wish I can say otherwise, I wish I can say that I have the strength to face any suffering; that I have the faith that whatever I'm in need of, God will provide; that I am unafraid of uncertainties and discomfort...  But more than that, I wish I can say that I don't want to live a nice house; that I don't want to eat delicious foods; that I don't want to have new clothes and shoes; that I don't want to travel to various places for vacation...

This blog is not about finding out what I'd like to do, succeeding at being good at it and eventually earning a lot of money from it.  No, my purpose is to find out what I'd be happy doing for a living, period.  But at the very least, I hope that it can provide a comfortable life.

986 days left.  Progress = 1%

No comments: