Today marks the first day of my 998-day exploration of the unfamiliar and uncertain. Frankly, I don't have that much usable talents, and I don't have any specialized skills either. If I'm going to objectively hand myself a suitable job, I am already right where I most belong. But after almost 9 years of working in the I.T. industry, I realized I've never really truly enjoyed doing my job. I'm not saying that I've been miserable all these years, but the sense of satisfaction and achievement was never truly fulfilled, despite being an above average performer most of the times. I've thought of changing careers a lot of times before, but I was too afraid of not being able to make a living out of anything else (I still am afraid, by the way.), so I stayed, and stayed, and stayed.
On August 30, 2013, I hope I'll be able to read this blog and finally say, "I'm not staying."
Now, if only I know where I should be heading....
Tuesday, December 07, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment